Executive Assistant (Langhorne)
Compensation: $58,560.00 - $83,170.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Executive Assistant provides superior administrative support to divisional leaders. This position provides incredible organization for ever-changing business calendars and complex schedules. The Executive Assistant thrives on new challenges and the ability to create an efficient, effective and productive work environment.
- Serve as all-around assistant and gatekeeper to the Vice President(s)
- Manage all types of daily correspondence to ensure professional, accurate and timely response and appropriate prioritization; direct information to the correct point of contact and correspond internally and externally
- Global and domestic travel planning, logistics including scheduling flights, hotel accommodations, ground transportation, adequate travel time during duration of visit, visa processing, etc.; anticipate, identify, analyze and solve issues/timing conflicts independently and discretely, and prepare detailed itineraries and ensure accuracy and timely delivery of travel documents.
- Execute additional administrative tasks including procurement of office supplies, set-up and installation of new technology including phones, faxes, computers, etc.
- Additional research & special projects as needed including event creation & production, gifting, etc.
- Coordinate meetings involving all stages of planning including logistics, vendors and materials (in person, video conference or conference calls), and various other events for multiple senior executives and global teams across multiple time zones.
- Schedule, review and adjust meetings and calendar in a timely manner to support executive priorities while ensuring there is enough time in between meetings for breaks, etc. Maintain recurring meeting schedules in a timely manner. Help executive balance time by managing schedule across weekly/monthly time periods.
- Prepare, reconcile and track expense reporting and reimbursement via online system for executives in alignment with company policies to avoid late fees, excessive cost and compliance. Escalate unresolved non-conformances to executive for follow up and resolution.
- Create and develop highly professional visual documents and presentations for senior management
- Organize and safeguard all highly confidential company files and information
- Assist with overflow, assistant back-up coverage and day-to-day tasks and provide support to visiting senior business leaders and other C-suite leaders, as needed
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside organizations
- Partner with peers to support office as needed
- 7+ years experience in a senior administrative role supporting executives with global responsibility
- Familiarity with a dynamic and fast-paced global company's operating rhythm and processes
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) as well as other web based programs and video conferencing
- Must be able to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to align with the department's and team's needs
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and follow-up skills, and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities while working under little supervision
- Must be an exemplary representative of the company at all times
- Executive presence, maturity and judgment, and sound decision-making in order to communicate on an executive level and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Collaborative team player with proactive approach; ability to take initiative
- Flawless skills managing travel and expense for global multi-currency travel
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills, telephone etiquette, superior oral and written communication skills, proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree
- Working knowledge of Concur
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...