IL Oak Brook
Job Posting Title:
Category Leadership Manager
Develops key category strategies and principles by working cross functionally within the Baked Goods division. Identifies opportunities to improve competitive advantage at retail. Supports key category growth-driving initiatives for multiple businesses, including deployment of category management materials, long-range planning and review meetings with customer decision makers. Develops and maintains category on-boarding/training materials for new employees.
5-7 years related CPG industry experience preferably in a Marketing role or a combination of sales and syndicated data experience.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, Insights, and other Category Leadership resources to execute category initiatives with excellence.
- Lead category long range planning and review meetings with top priority customers; Assist on business-based, Category Leadership initiatives.
- Develop tools to diagnose new category opportunities
- Deliver consumer/category input within Customer Business Planning Process to help refine plan elements based on consumer and category knowledge.
- Improve field sales capability to leverage analytics & insights.
- Monitor industry trends and competitive activity to Identify opportunities to improve Treehouse's capabilities/advantage in the market.
- Strong Communication and presentation skills
- Data integration & interpretation experience
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical and Critical thinking skills
- Time management and Prioritization skills
- Collaboration skills
- Action oriented
- Very Proactive Self-Starting Nature
- Leadership Ability
- Project Mangement Skills
Core Knowledge/Skills or Experience:
- Ability to quickly analyze data from multiple sources and understand complex trends.
- Synthesize a holistic sales story from multiple sources of data. (Syndicated, Loyalty, Consumer and Industry Trends)
- Fully functional leveraging syndicated panel data.
- Experience working directly with customers in growing category sales.
- Must possess solid knowledge of computers, MS Office Suite, Nielsen/IRI, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Strong working knowledge and application of Consumer insights.
- Working knowledge of retail merchandising and in store execution tactics.
- Ability to engage and build strong cross functional partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed environment and collaborate with various cross functional areas.
- Well-developed organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize/manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to focus on priorities, manage day to day tasks while keeping the big picture in mind.
- CPG Industry knowledge
- Category Management history and process
- 4 P's analysis (product, price, promotion, & placement)
- Spreadsheet development
- Demonstrated presentation development and delivery skills
- Syndicated scan and panel data including geo-demographic and behavioral data
- Retailer and Store level POS data
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities with actionable recommendations
- Root cause analysis
- Develop and present comprehensive category reviews
- Category shopper behavior
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data to drive business solutions
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resum ]. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.