Department OverviewUNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and C-USA. North Texas' athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with North Texas Athletics. Also, to provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and in competition.
Job DescriptionThe Athletics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Football Coach to join our team.
Under direct supervision of the Head Coach of the respective athletics team, is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the management and administration of the sports program and team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Coaches practice sessions or workouts as assigned; may be assigned to work with a specific group of student athletes on a regular basis. Assists in coaching during athletic events. May assist in maintaining statistics and coordinating with officials.
* Maintains continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations and complies with the same. Assists in briefing student-athletes and monitoring adherence to above.
* Assists in scouting and recruiting activities; may be responsible for specific geographic area. Performs specific recruiting duties as assigned.
* May assist in the implementation of the academic program including monitoring of individual student-athlete progress to ensure academic eligibility, enforcement of study hall program, and providing referrals to the appropriate University resources.
* Works with student-athletes and monitors their adherence to rules and regulations concerning conduct, appearance, and punctuality.
* May be responsible for coordinating one or more administrative functions as assigned.
* Works with Athletics sports medicine and strength and conditioning personnel, and with physicians as needed to implement team wellness and conditioning programs.
* Speaks to service groups and alumni organizations as assigned.
* Must comply with all NCAA and Conference USA rules and regulations.
* Performs other duties as assigned by Head Coach or Athletics Director.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Minimum QualificationsThe successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree and three years of experience in coaching in respective sport.
Preferred QualificationsThe preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's Degree.
Special Instructions to ApplicantsApplicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?Yes
Driving a University Vehicle?No
Job Open Date03-06-2019
Job Close DateOpen Until Filled Pay Rate Salary Commensurate with Experience
Job TypeFull-time Permanent
Quicklink for Postingjobs.unt.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=65867
Associated topics: academy, coach, college, collegiate, institute, university, varsity