Network Engineer (Nazareth)
Employment Type: Full-Time
What you ll be doing...
Verizon is in the process of modernizing our core networks to enable new, groundbreaking products and technologies. This new 'Intelligent Edge Network' leverages virtualization and software defined networking and will transform how we provide products and service, and maintain our position as the industry leader. Verizon is seeking motivated and driven Engineering professionals to support the Intelligent Edge network. In this position, you will be responsible for providing telecommunication processes and technical support for the Intelligent Edge Network (iEN) in the Engineering solutions team primarily supporting the Core Engineering Organizations.
- Engaging cross functional teams (Engineering, IT, Provisioning) to drive positive results for multiple activities related to the strategic wireline network initiatives.
- Leading the development and implementation of internal process and standardization initiatives.
- Leading OSS integration and process improvement, as well as providing subject matter expertise to define OSS strategy.
- Providing support and direction for the integration of companywide, standard processes.
- Providing technical solutions to engineering, including process and training documentation.
- Providing training via different mediums to impacted organizations.
- Developing network initiatives and leading both small and large projects to improve productivity.
- Coordinating and leading UAT testing efforts.
What we re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge of the iEN Network.
- Experience in Engineering and/or an Engineering support function.
- Experience in one or more ISP/OSP Network Engineering disciplines including IOF, Access, Data.
- Experience communicating issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization.
- Experience creating executive level decks.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of tools (Excel, Powerpoint, Word).
- Experience working with Business users on developing user stories.
- Experience working in SAFe agile development.
- Experience with Engineering Inventory & Provisioning systems.
- Experience creating Process documentation (M&P) and Process flows.
- Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio or iGrafx.
- Knowledge of Verizon Wireless OTN/GN, VCP or eNSE.
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL experience).
- Experience in an Agile Environment with a solid knowledge of roles.
- Experience creating UAT test plan & scripts.
When you join Verizon...
You ll have the power to go beyond doing the work that s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Associated topics: analog, antenna, cable technician, circuit, engineer, hardware, network, soc, test, wireless
Loading some great jobs for you...