OD Tech Optometric Technician
Compensation: $128,770.00 - $128,770.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Physician
Schedule appointments, verify insurance coverage, maintain accurate patient records, and assist with preliminary testing under the Optometrist s supervision. Educate patients on lens insertion and removal and overall care of contact lenses. Able to effectively sell and meet or exceed all sales goals
1. Schedule appointments according to the SOP Appointment Scheduling/Check-In guidelines, including next year s appointment.
2. Efficient in recommending patients fill out paperwork on-line and importing patient information from web daily.
3. Confirm the schedule: call appointments the day before to confirm the appointment time. Contact/reschedule no shows and cancellations.
4. Pull all charts for the next day s appointments; scan/shred (if necessary) set-up color folders.
5. Has complete understanding of MVC plans and is able to articulate plans to customers and patients.
6. Preauthorize insurance day before appointment; .Reconciles all exceptions pre-closing using 35 report.
7. Handle patients FLOW efficiently. Answer patients questions, check patients in and out, collect payments, monitor and perform other front desk tasks as needed. Able to perform duties related to EMR proficiently. Maintain complete and accurate patient records according to SOP standards.
8. Perform preliminary testing data collection as directed utilizing Patient Flow form and entering in EMR
9. Instruct patients on the insertion, removal, cleaning, care and proper handling of their contact lenses.
10. Order (regular and trials), stock, notify patients when their contact lenses are available for dispensing, dispense contact lenses and eyewear using SERVE.
11. Recall patients daily using POS recall system; call and appt. goals met daily.
12. Able to effectively sell and meet or exceed all sales goals
13. Clean and maintain equipment and instruments in the optometric area and cover equipment nightly as well as supply inventories and ensure inventory is not expired
14. Other duties as assigned by management to include cross training, support of retail floor, etc.
One (1) year of related experience
HS diploma, GED or equivalent related job experience
Communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret insurance forms.
Work changing schedules to meet business demands
Work inside location
Speak clearly and effectively
Calculate, manipulate, and interpret numbers/data
Problem solve/ reasoning
Meet customer expectations
Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
Follow procedures and instructions
Use computer effectively and view computer screen
Attention to detail
Exhibit empathy in all interactions
Manage location effectively
Reach above shoulder continuously
Training Requirements (where applicable)
Must complete company training programs within the required time frame
Cross training in all departments as needed
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines).
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavioral Characteristics:
Must be detail orientated and well organized
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other associates and clients
Must be energetic and self-motivated
Must be a team player
Must be able to problem solve
Must be able to multi-task
Medical Office/business professionalism required
Ability to work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings on a regular and predictable basis
Ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have access to covered information, cardholder data or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company s Privacy & Security Training Program.
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete additional essential responsibilities as identified and assigned.
Associated topics: eye, optometric, optometry, sme, tpa
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...