West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products. Working by the side of its customers from concept to patient, West creates products that promote the efficiency, reliability and safety of the world's pharmaceutical drug supply. West is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, and supports its customers from locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. West's 2017 sales of $1.6 billion reflect the daily use of approximately 112 million of its components and devices, which are designed to improve the delivery of healthcare to patients around the world.
JOB TITLE: Hourly / Production
APPROVAL DATE: 09JAN2017
ALTERNATIVE TITLE: Maintenance Electrical Specialist (MES)
3 pm - 11pm Mon - Fri 2nd Shift
11pm - 7 am Mon - Fri 3rd Shift
Shift Differential with Off Shifts
JOB CODE: ES00SP
SALARY BAND: Hourly / $24.49 Hire Rate
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
GEOGRAPHIC SCOPE: Local
POSITION SUMMARY: Perform a wide variety of duties with machinery and building maintenance, specializing in electrical and control system wiring and troubleshooting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: List primary duties and responsibilities of the job in order of importance and with percentage of time spent on each duty / responsibility. If this is a management level position, include supervisory responsibilities.
* Preventative maintenance * Predictive maintenance * Repairs * Machine installation * Retrofits * Basic welding skills. * Trouble shooting (pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and control systems. * Plumbing (piping) * Must be able to work independently. * Use good housekeeping practices to maintain a clean, orderly and safe work area. * Performs other duties, as assigned based on business needs. * Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules. * Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: List required education level and/or equivalent experience and any required skills or certifications consistent with West's leveling guidelines.
* Education: High School or equivalent * Experience: 3-5 years of experience
Thorough understanding of machine assemblies is a must. Basic knowledge of boiler, chiller and compressors is essential. Thorough understanding of control systems and PLC, troubleshooting is a must. Should be able to work any shift, self-starter, team player and available for OT.
* Must have AA Degree/Certificate in related discipline or equivalent education and 5 years' experience. * Must be able to read schematics and prints. * Must include resume with application including work history when applying.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: List any preferred education, skills, and/or experience.
* Must be proficient with CMMS, and MS Office. * Any PLC or Antomation troubleshooting certification.
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: List type of work environment (office, home, etc?), % of travel required or any other relevant working conditions.
* Must be able to lift 35lbs. continuously, up to 75lbs. frequently with assistance.
The job description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not necessarily be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
West Pharmaceutical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please send an email to ...@westpharma.com. Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.