- West Pharmaceutical Services
149 Valleyview Dr
Manager, CCI Technology, Analytical Services
West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products. Working by the side of its customers from concept to patient, West creates products that promote the efficiency, reliability and safety of the world's pharmaceutical drug supply. West is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, and supports its customers from locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. West's 2017 sales of $1.6 billion reflect the daily use of approximately 112 million of its components and devices, which are designed to improve the delivery of healthcare to patients around the world.
In this role you will be responsible for managing and leading Container Closure Integrity Technology strategy for the Analytical Services organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Must have an in-depth understanding of CCI and be able to communicate and educate the team on the fundamental testing and technology related to CCI
* Must have worked on and executed CCI technology and testing in a laboratory environment
* Must have an understanding of the science and physics around leakage and leak rates, diffusion, etc.
* Proactively develop knowledge of industry & technology as it applies to the area of Container Closure Integrity (CCI) to effectively support organization in identifying and growing future analytical expertise
* Work proactively with Scientific Affairs & Technical Services and Commercial teams to understand the voice of customer and put together a plan to bring the necessary CCI capability and technology into the West organization to support our business
* Proactively identify opportunities and develop studies to publish in the area of CCI
* Build relationships and network with key technical & opinion leaders in industry and our customers in the area of CCI
* Establish relationships with other analytical laboratories and instrument manufacturers to build future analytical technologies or to outsource when we do not have the capability in house
* Develop business cases to purchase new CCI analytical capabilities and present to management
* Coordinate activities with the Scientific Insights lab, laboratory operations, Innovation & Technology and other functions as needed to assist in delivering new CCI analytical technology and services
* Attend, present and represent the analytical services organization at tradeshows, seminars, etc. as specified
* Responsible for implementing new CCI technology and training the lab operations team on how to utilize it
* Acts as the technical owner of the CCI analytical area in identifying anything needed to support customers, products and coordinate closing the gaps with other functions. As an example, they should work with the TCS group to understand what analytical technical needs our customers' needs that we cannot currently support
* Other duties as assigned based on business needs
* Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules
* Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance
Education and Experience:
* Education: Minimum of BS in a Technical Discipline, graduate degree a plus
* Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in CCI testing and understanding as well as has implemented technology and test systems currently utilized in industry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Experience in Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Contract Services, Packaging or Biotech industry
* Acknowledged industry expert in CCI technology and testing
* Knowledgeable about analytical laboratories and analytical services for parenteral packaging and delivery systems
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Able to be aware of all relevant SOPs as per Company policy as they are related to the position covered by this Job Description
* Able to comply with the company's safety policy at all times
* List any safety requirements applicable to role within your country
* Able to comply with the company's quality policy at all times.
* List any quality requirements applicable to role within your country
Physical and Travel Requirements
* Travel 20%-30%
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...