West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products. Working by the side of its customers from concept to patient, West creates products that promote the efficiency, reliability and safety of the world's pharmaceutical drug supply. West is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, and supports its customers from locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. West's 2017 sales of $1.6 billion reflect the daily use of approximately 112 million of its components and devices, which are designed to improve the delivery of healthcare to patients around the world.
Provide a wide variety of machining duties necessary to support Mold Maintenance, Engineering, and Operations in a timely manner. Setup and operate both manual and CNC equipment while working within tight tolerances. Ability to evaluate mold and other mechanical problems, then perform proper repair techniques and documentation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ability to work from verbal instructions or from drawings and sketches to plan, construct, alter, assemble, or rebuild a variety of tooling, test fixtures, tools, mold and die components, or related assemblies or equipment. * Check work quality continuously, making equipment adjustments and other related changed if necessary, after consulting with Lead person. * Master the setup and operate the following manual machines: lathe, milling machines, EDM, grinder, drill press, band saw, and sheet metal forming/working equipment. * Operate CNC equipment safely and efficiently. * Assist fellow employees courteously and efficiently as necessary. * Conduct duties in a manner consistent with good machine shop practices. * Keep equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly condition. * Gain knowledge of reading blueprints, shop math, and inspection procedures. * Perform proper documentation skills. * Contributes to continuous process improvement efforts to reduce scrap, cycle times, improve efficiency, and eliminate waste. * Provides a \"Customer Service\" attitude when interacting with internal and external customers while accomplishing work, production, and achieving quality standards. * Maintains a clean, orderly and safe workstation and environment at all times. * Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and safety rules. * Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance. * Performs other duties as assigned based on business needs.
* Education or Equivalent Experience: High School or equivalent * Experience: 0-3 years of experience
* Experience working in a Machine shop on manual and CNC equipment * Knowledge of reading blueprints * Shop Math skills * Inspection procedures * MS Office
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
* Medical Device manufacturing requires strict adherence to standards. Working environment is a manufacturing facility, which houses plastic injection molding machines. Must tolerate fumes and particulate generated from various plastics. Work areas are equipped with adequate lighting, cooling/heating and equipment that are in a good working condition. Must work constructively in an environment that may be stressful due to competing resources while at all times maintaining company confidentiality. * Must be able to work scheduled work week, plus overtime and/or irregular hours as required to complete assignments. May stand or sit for extended periods of time. Must transport oneself to and from other areas of the facility and travel to other divisions when necessary. Must have good visual acuity. If specifically necessitated by customer requirements, must be able to see with or without corrective lenses and distinguish color differences for product and safety issues. * Travel: 0 - minimal
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please send an email to ...@westpharma.com. Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.
Associated topics: die, fixture, mold, melt, molten, tool, toolmaker, tool and die, tool designer, tool die
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.