- West Pharmaceutical Services
- $29,700.00 -42,410.00/year*
149 Valleyview Dr
West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products. Working by the side of its customers from concept to patient, West creates products that promote the efficiency, reliability and safety of the world's pharmaceutical drug supply. West is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, and supports its customers from locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. West's 2016 sales of $1.5 billion reflect the daily use of approximately 112 million of its components and devices, which are designed to improve the delivery of healthcare to patients around the world.
POSITION SUMMARY: Acting with minimum supervision to ensure that the molding and extrusion processes are operating at maximum output while maintaining highest quality.
* Prepare molds / molding press for production operation including but not limited to set-up, clean-up and conditioning runs and eccentricity checks
* Perform or assist with molding press line clears if required
* Perform and or assist with mold changes on all types of molding presses
* Perform installation, removal, delivery, retrieval, transport or molds and other associated machinery and equipment; assuring that adequate materials and equipment are at the required location in order to perform this work in the safest, most effective and most efficient manner possible
* Troubleshoot, problem solve, relieve operators, apply solution as required or requested and ensure processes are running within the predetermined control parameters. This will include making adjustments within allowable limits and/or evaluating operator techniques and/or evaluating materials to assure acceptable products
* Apply mold release or CO2 cleaning as required or requested and ensure processes are running within the predetermined control parameters to ensure the highest quality level
* Use Infinity software to monitor flange or web thickness data
* Work with mold cleaning to determine and optimization of various task such as: length of time between mold cleaning, the best type of surface preparation for each mold and product, and to continue to work on faster mold changeovers.
* Initiate & write Tooling Repair Request when pins, bushings, mold, or mold cavity need to be replaced.
* Mix proper silicone spray when required for specific formulations
* Assist Engineering and maintenance as requested
* Operate Forklifts
* Perform other work assignments as directed by the Area Manager
The job descriptions reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not necessarily be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Education: High School or Equivalent
* Prefer Associates degree or working toward degree in technical discipline
Experience: 3-5 years
* Minimum: Must currently hold or previous held molding certification
* Preferred: Two years of experience in molding operations or related mechanical experience required
* Preferred: 5 years related experience and/or training; or a combination of equivalent education and experience
* Must be able to independently problem solve technical and/or mechanical issues
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
* Ability to write reports and correspondence
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
* Forklift certification for two types of forklift as required
* A demonstrated aptitude for leadership skills
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form
* Ability to work with various computer software programs
* Must be able to manage multiple priorities
* Willing to work overtime as needed
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
Direct/Indirect Reports: None
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. when required & must be able to work effectively in a fast paced team environment
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.
Associated topics: biopharmaceutical, clinical, cytometry, histologist, histotechnologist, immunoassay, injury, microbiology, pharmacometrics, trauma
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...