West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products. Working by the side of its customers from concept to patient, West creates products that promote the efficiency, reliability and safety of the world's pharmaceutical drug supply. West is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, and supports its customers from locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. West's 2017 sales of $1.6 billion reflect the daily use of approximately 112 million of its components and devices, which are designed to improve the delivery of healthcare to patients around the world.
Assists and performs production mold set-ups, auxiliary equipment installation/disconnect, frontline technical monitoring and response to machine alarms, part defects and in-service mold cleaning. Assists in production tool setup, line clearance, machine purging and control panel adjustments to facilitate maximum machine run times.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist and review mold set-ups, cleaning, venting and teardown, and part sampling to ensure proper compliance to procedure and part integrity. * Install, monitor, clean, and remove auxiliary equipment to injection molding machines as needed by production scheduler or process engineering. * Assist with corrective action necessary to resolve machine alarm issues. * Use control panel data and practical experience to do minor troubleshooting on machines, loader systems, and auxiliary equipment. * Identify and resolve potential safety hazards. * Process auditing and documentation. * Contributes to continuous process improvement efforts to reduce scrap, cycle times, improve efficiency, and eliminate waste within the production environment. * Provides a \"Customer Service\" attitude when interacting with internal and external customers while accomplishing work, production, and achieving quality standards. * Maintains a clean, orderly and safe workstation and environment at all times. * Performs other duties as assigned based on business needs. * Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules. * Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
* Education or Equivalent Experience: High School or equivalent * Experience: 5-8yrs manufacturing experience
* 1-3 years of plastics manufacturing experience in plastics injection molding
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
* Medical Device manufacturing requires strict adherence to standards. Working environment is a manufacturing facility, which houses plastic injection molding machines. Must tolerate fumes and particulate generated from various plastics. Work areas are equipped with adequate lighting, cooling/heating and equipment that are in a good working condition. Must work constructively in an environment that may be stressful due to competing resources while at all times maintaining company confidentiality. * Must be able to work scheduled work week, plus overtime and/or irregular hours as required to complete assignments. May stand or sit for extended periods of time. Must transport oneself to and from other areas of the facility and travel to other divisions when necessary. Must have good visual acuity. If specifically necessitated by customer requirements, must be able to see with or without corrective lenses and distinguish color differences for product and safety issues. Hearing ability should be sufficient to hear audible alarms from distances up to 150ft. The ability to be able to lift and carry various items up to 50lbs.
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.
Associated topics: antibody, aseptic technique, immunohematology, medical, metabolism, nephrology, nutrition, pharmacology, toxicologist, transfection
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.